Currently Supported Modules
(Others may be added on request)
- EmporiumPlus (Weiland) Addendum
- Starbase21/ModStop OrderXtra
- Starbase21/ModStop ProdXtra
- Starbase21/ModStop CustXtra
- Starbase21/ModStop ShipToTrkPro
- Sebenza Studios ACD
- Viking Coders Additional Product Fields Manager
- netBlazon Extra Product Fields
- Copernicus Address SuperModT
MmEXT is an interface module allowing you not only to receive data collected by 4th party modules (e.g. Weiland's Addendum or Starbase21 OrderXtraTM), but also to review them comfortably in the Ultra Batch report with all its advantages (sorting, search, formatted output, processing,...).
If a 4th party module of your choice is currently on in the compatibility list, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- truXoft Ultra Batch 1.24 or higher required
MmPSLP was succesfully tested with following following Miva engines:
with following Miva Merchant versions:
- Miva Empresa 3.77, 3.78
- Miva Empresa 3.91, 3.92, 3.93
and currently the following 4th party modules are supported (new one will be added on request):
- Miva Merchant 2.2x, 3.xx, 4.xx
- MMUI, OUI, any UI
- EmporiumPlus (Weiland): Addednum
- Starbase21 / ModStop: OrderXtra, ProdXtra, CustXtra, ShipToTrkPro
- Sebenza Studios: ACD
- Viking Coders: Additional Product Fields Manager
- netBlazon: Extra Product Fields
- Copernicus: Address SuperModT
Brief installation instruction follow. If you are unfamiliar with installing Modules check out the Miva documentation at: http://www.miva.com/docs/merchant/
- Save the file module somewhere on your PC / Mac.
- Launch the Miva Merchant Admin System, usually at http://www.yourdomain.com/Merchant2/admin.mv
- Enter the administrator username and password
- Click on the Blue Expander Triangle beside the word "Modules" to open this menu tree
- Click on Add Module
- Click on the upload file icon to the right of the text field
- A popup window will appear. Click BROWSE and find the Module you have just saved on your local drive.
- Click OPEN
- Click UPLOAD
- Click ADD. Miva Merchant has now installed this module, but it is not yet assigned to a store
- Click on the blue Expander triangle to the left of the store name to open its menu tree.
- Click on 'System Extension Configuration'
- Check the 'truXoft Extension Interface' and click the Update button
- Click on the 'truXoft Extension Interface' tab, load the up-to-date extension definitions from the truxoft.com server with the help of the 'Load Extensions' button and verify the parameters
- Now you can use calls to external data in the 'Additional Expression' fields of Advanced Settings of MmHTML and MmVENDOR ('Show additional form fields' at the bottom of the settings), MmHTMLc and MmPSLP ('Additional Miva Script header / footer - Miva Expression'). Look the example calls below and in the MmEXT Admin screen for the syntax of the variables.
- Launch the Ultra Batch report and verify if the variables appear in the reports as desired.
Recommended example for Addendum (See other examples below):
'<TABLE><TR><TD><B>Question 1: </B></TD><TD>' $ Addendum.var1 $ g.question1 $ '</TD></TR><TR><TD><B>Question 2: </B></TD><TD>' $ Addendum.var2 $ g.question2 $ '</TD></TR><TR><TD><B>Question 3: </B></TD><TD>' $ Addendum.var3 $ g.question3 $ '</TD></TR></TABLE>'
Please note: While for example at OrderXtra, you have to use identical field names as defined in the OrderXtra settings, at Addendum (and at other flat file based modules) you have to use pre-declared alias names - in case of Addendum, you have to use
Important note: If you plan using the MmEXT for sending additional fields of 4th party fulfilment modules (such as Addednum) through the MmHTML or MmHTMLc module, you must be sure that the 4th party module was installed _before_ the truXoft notification modules. During the checkout process, the fulfilment modules are being processed in the same order as their "tabs" appear in the Admin Order Fulfilment screen - the tab of the 4th party module has to appear before the MmHTML or MmHTMLc tabs! If it is not the case, you have to remove all concerned modules from the mall, pack the mall data and re-install them again - the 4th party module first and then the truXoft notification modules.
In the case the 4th party modules is positioned after the MmEXT, the additional variables won't appear on the notification e-mails but only in the Ultra Batch reports. The best solution is keeping the order of the modules as described above, but you can also use a more complicated expression in the 'Additional Form Fields' of MmHTML. In case of Addendum it would look similarly to the following one:
'<TABLE><TR><TD><B>For out of Stock items: </B></TD><TD>'$ Addendum.var1 $ g.question1 $ '</TD></TR><TR><TD><B>Exceptions: </B></TD><TD>'$ Addendum.var2 $ g.question2 $ '</TD></TR><TR><TD><B>Customer Heard About Us From: </B></TD><TD>'$ Addendum.var3 $ g.question3 $ '</TD></TR></TABLE>'
Keep the code on a single line. Keep all characters including the quotes. Change the texts as needed and the names of the global variables (g.*) to match the names used in your form fields (open the HTML source of your checkout page and view the names of the Addendum form field variables and use them in exactly same way, just adding the prefix g..
For installing MmEXT with a standalone MmUBAT without MmHTML / MmHTMLc / MmPSLP or MmVENDOR, please see for instructions aslo in the Ultra Batch FAQ
NOTE: When copying and pasting the sample code, make sure to get the broken lines into a single line (for settings of v1.xx truXoft modules)
Also note the syntax: all literals have to be enclosed in quotes, variable (field) names are unquoted, and all elements (strings and variables) must be connected with the concatenation character $. More to this syntax may be found in the Miva Script Reference Manual
For displaying a simple single additional field, you can use the follwoing code in the additional footer or header expression:
- If the user enters no value, nothing will be displayed. If you add a text labels like in the next example, the label will be displayed aslo at blank entries:
'<P><B>Customers comment:</B>' $ Addendum.var1 $ '</P>'
- Multiple values (questions) may be displayed, of course too. The following example places both fields, separated by a colon, on the same line:
'<H4 STYLE="color:red">' $ Addendum.var1 $ ' : ' Addendum.var2 $ '</H4>'
- You can also add more formatting, for example tables:
'<BR><TABLE><TR><TD><B>Special Instructions:</B></TD><TD>' $ Addendum.var1 $ '</TD></TR><TR><TD><B>Date</B></TD><TD>' $ Addendum.var2 $ '</TD></TR><TR><TD><B>Rating</B></TD><TD>' $ Addendum.var3 $ '</TD></TR></TABLE>'
Starbase21 / ModStop OrderXtra
'<P>'$ OrdersX.d.fld1 $ '<BR>'$ OrdersX.d.fld2 $ '<BR>' $ OrdersX.d.fld3 $ '</P>'
'<H3>Additional data:' $ OrdersX.d.additional $ '</H3>'
Viking Coders' Additional Product Fields Manager
'<B>Key: ' $ DEN_PRODFIELDS_Prod.d.KEY $ '</B>'
'<P>'$ DEN_PRODFIELDS_Prod.d.SomeField $ '<BR>' $ DEN_PRODFIELDS_Prod.d.OtherField $ '</P>'
Sebenza Studios' Additional Checkout Data Module
- With a label and some formatting:
'<P><B>Newsletter:</B>' $ ExtraMsg.d.add1 $ '</P>'
- Multiple variables:
'<H4 STYLE="color:red">' $ ExtraMsg.d.add1 $ ' : ' ExtraMsg.d.add2 $ '</H4>'
- Multiple variables, alternative mode for avoiding problems with reverse order of modules:
'<H4 STYLE="color:red">' $ ExtraMsg.d.add1 $ g.add1 $ ' : ' ExtraMsg.d.add2 $ g.add2 $ '</H4>'
- Multiple variables in a table:
'<BR><TABLE><TR><TD><B>Comment:</B></TD><TD>' $ ExtraMsg.d.add1 $ '</TD></TR><TR><TD><B>Model</B></TD><TD>' $ ExtraMsg.d.add2 $ '</TD></TR><TR><TD><B>Bid</B></TD><TD>' $ ExtraMsg.d.add3 $ '</TD></TR></TABLE>'
neBlazon Extra Product Fields
Most probably you will want to add the data to the product line of an invoice. You would add an expression to the User-Defined Column field, probably something like follows:
' <B>- ' $ NBXTRA_PRODUCTS.d.fieldid $ ':</B> ' $ NBXTRA_PRODUCTS.d.value $ '<BR>'
MmEXT will loop through the database printing as many records as they are available for the product id. Sample output would be (assuming you choose the user-defined 'column' under the product name:
This_is_the_product_name 1 $199.95 $199.95
- oui: yes
- version: 3.x, 4.x
We offer a limited free suport within 30 days after the date of the purchase for modules bought directly at truXoft Co. or at affiliated resellers as written above. The support is limited to platforms from our compatibility list below and does not include any help with installation or configuration of payment modules, or other general Miva Merchant problems.
Some questions may be answered in the FAQ or may be solved with the help of other more experienced users on the Miva Merchant User List. I am monitoring all Miva lists and, if possible, will help with related problems posted to the user groups.
Known Limitations and Bugs
Frequently Asked Questions
Why the module does not appear in my store?
I guess you have forgotten to hit the Add button after uploading the file in Modules/AddModule
How do I update the module?
Click on the update link in the header of the module's control panel in Admin. Download the updated module from the upgrade center. In Admin Go to Modules » module name » Files, click the upload icon button right to the Module input field, check "Overwrite", locate the new file on your disk, click UPLOAD and when you are back in the big window do not forget to click the UPDATE button! Click back to the Information tab and verify if the version was updated. Now enter the module's Admin screen in the System Extensions. The last step is necessary at updates where the settings database structure has changed - the changes are activated only upon opening the Admin screen.
How do I use MmEXT without MmHTML/MmHTMLc/MmPSLP module?
Go to the data directory and edit the file .../Merchant2/0000000x/mmubat.conf. Put the expression as shown above in the MmEXT installation (see the examples at the bottom), into the parameter ubat_expr of the mmubat.conf file.
I see the additional fields in Ultra Batch, but nothing comes in the notification.
Be sure that you have followed the installation instructions correctly, and especially the part about the order of modules. You can either change the expression to display both, the MmEXT generated variables (e.g. Addendum.var1) and the form field variables used on the checkout page (e.g. g.question1). In this way, if the order of modules is wrong, the form field variables will be displayed in the notification and the MmEXT variables in the Ultra Batch reports. However, if the order of the modules is correct, the additional fields would be displayed duplicated (use just the MmEXT variables in that case).
In case of troubles, before contacting the support, please be sure to:
- read the FAQ
- check the changelog and update the module to the latest version
- read known limitation and bugs